Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Gaming as a child

Hey all figured I'd introduce myself, I'm Jamie Mieger, 24 years old with a family, and have been gaming since i can remember.  Literally one of my first memories is playing the original Zelda when i was 3 three or four years old.  I grew up around gaming because of my grandpa (yea my 65 year old grandpa still plays video games) and he got me in early.  I started out playing regular RPGs such as Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, Zelda etc... and when my parents got me my own NES at the ripe age of four i started getting into "regular" games like Mike Tysons, Battle Toads, Big Nose, and Mario.

So anyway the point is this set me up with some bad bad habits to have as a child, such as staying up till 2am to get that last level, waiting till my parents went to sleep and than sneaking out in the living room to play all night.  I remember a time where my uncle came over when i was five and we played Blades of Steel till around 3AM.  Don't get me wrong i loved every moment of it and it's what shaped me to be the person i am today.

Anyway what my blogs will revolve around is me growing up as a hardcore gamer, the side effects it had on me, and the many many problems it caused but also the great times i had.  Hope you enjoy and my next blogs will be much longer and very specific.

No comments:

Post a Comment